Maps Created using Biblemapper 3.0
Additional data from OpenBible.info
OccurrencesJoshua 13:4 on the south; all the land of the Canaanites, and Mearah that belongs to the Sidonians, to Aphek, to the border of the Amorites;
Joshua 19:30 Ummah also, and Aphek, and Rehob: twenty-two cities with their villages.
a'-fek ('apheq, "fortress"; Aphek):
A'PHEK, strength there are five places referred to in Scripture by this name.
1. The site of the most northern is at the village Afha, high up on the Lebanon, almost due w. of Ba'albek 18 ms. and about 13 ms. from the sea. Here there are watertalls, springs and luxuriant foliage, but its famous temple, erected to Venus, was destroyed by order of Constantine because of the impure rites practised therein.
2. Now called Fik, 4 ms.e. of the sea of Galilee, 1140 ft above the Mediterranean and 1767 ft. above the sea of Galilee; it is a great caravan station abounding in water; 1 Kings 20:26-30; 2 Kings 13:17.
3. That of 1 Sam 29:1 is not known.
4. That of 1 Sam. 4.1 is 16 ms. s.w. of Jerusalem and 3 ms. n.w. of Shocho, and supposed to be at the ruins called Belled el Foka', Foka means the upper.
5. That of Josh. 12:18 is not known. Aphekah and Aphek are probably the same as No. 4, and these names are found in Josh. 15:53; Judg. 1:31.
Strong's HebrewH663: Apheq
perhaps "fortress," the name of several places in Palestine